Thursday, January 22, 2009

To juice, or not to juice...

Yesterday Laurie Barker Jackman was on BT breaking down the sugar contents in popular drinks. It's staggering, really, to see the amount laid out in front of you. There was everything from a bottle of pop to a bottle of what looked like a healthy pomogranate green tea drink. Each had a moutain of sugar in front of it. I think the only way around it is to just drink water. However, I was so proud of myself to find a fruit juice with 'no added sugar' that also had the benefits of a full serving of vegetables - especially because I know I don't get enough fruits or vegetables. However, now Iquestion if it's a good thing to be drinking or not... Thoughts? I'm supposing, like any other 'easy fix', it's not as good as it's advertized. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I've heard it said you should eat the fruit/veggies; drink the water, but I think you are making a healthy choice with your no sugar added alternatives. You are my inspiration baby!

    ReplyDelete