Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Forging ahead...

I think blogging about my food consumption might actually be helping. I have found myself a few times questioning what I should snack on...and when I think I want chips or something junky I say to myself, 'no, I can't write that in the blog'. I actually had a bit of guilt writing that I had that chocolate chip pancake on Sunday. Heh.

They say that it takes 3 weeks to make a habit, and 3 weeks to break it. This is my third week of 'healthier' eating, so I'm going to forge ahead, and hope that some deep-rooted habits form. I'm not into depravation, so when I do want that occasional chocolate chip pancake or handful of Doritos, rest assured, I'm going to do it. I'm kinda glad that the guilty feelings make me second guess my decisions though.

My next battle is getting a little movement going on...I wanted to really tackle the bad eating habits well before starting an exercise routine. When I exercise, I'll undoubtably be more hungry as I'll be burning more calories, and I wanted to instill the habit of grabbing for a banana or hummus or something rather than a bag of chips (great excuse, isn't it?). I'm unsure if I'll try to go for walks on my own, or if I should bite the bullet and get a new gym membership. It just pains me to pay for something extra, when I'm doing my utmost to stay within a budget...I really don't want an extra payment to go out...With this weather though...what are the chances I'm going to leave the comforts of my cozy couch & blanket to go for a walk in sub-zero temperatures??

1 comment:

  1. Just think of the $ you are saving on junk food as an investment into you gym membership. I really need to follow your example! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete