Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shoulda had the salad...and turkey what?!

I know I should have had the salad last night. I honestly did think a lot about it...Krissy ordered it. and I really should have followed suit. I couldn't ignore the constant craving that I'd been having, though, for my baked shrimp/feta penne dish that is basically the only dish that I order at BP. I'm on a life 'change', not a diet, so I don't feel it's right to deprive...especially when I have a large craving for something. Am I making excuses for myself? Perhaps. Did I order the coveted baked shrimp/feta penne dish? You betcha. Was it amazing? Not really, actually. I didn't finish the dish (Chris was happy to do that for me), but I ate until I was quite comfortable. About a half hour after getting home I felt bloated and yucky and the heartburn formed very quickly. I felt like I had zero energy (probably not helped by the fact that my sleep the night before rotted though), and ended up at home, in my jammies, on the couch and asleep about 20 minutes into the Bachelor repeat on ABC.

Next time, I will have the salad.

This morning, well afternoon, (it is Sunday after all) Chris made breakfast - toast, eggs, and turkey bacon. Turkey bacon is supposedly a healthier alternative to the traditional fatty 'real' bacon (mmmm...bacon). I will admit, I was very skeptical at the beginning, but when he positioned purchasing it when we went 'healthier' grocery shopping, I couldn't say no. I was just impressed that he was coming a bit more on board with a few changes. It really wasn't too bad! It's apparently 50% less fatty than regular bacon, and went nicely with the eggs & toast for an accustomed weekend breakfast. And, it doesn't shrivel up like normal bacon, so the yield is higher, and 2 slices almost felt like more than enough.

Oh, and by the way, I made coffee, and have consumed 2 cups. I just can't give that up. Perhaps later on in this journey for a healthier intake...and I will also keep drinking the green tea as well...but starting my day off without coffee? It's just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment