Saturday, January 10, 2009

Green tea is no substitute for java...

So today I tried going without coffee...instead replacing it with green tea. I'm second guessing my choice, however, on account of not getting nearly enough sleep last night.

I figured I'd likely have a hard time getting to sleep after sleeping in yesterday; however, much to my delight, I didn't have any trouble. Chris & I finally hit the hay at midnight. At 1:30am I was abruptly awake again, though. "AMBER! You're SNORING! ROLL OVER!". So, I rolled over. And then I rolled back, and over and over. I tossed and turned, and, I didn't snore anymore, because I never got back to sleep again.

Of course it was ME that had to work this morning, not Christopher.

My morning is slowly crawling by...and I'm now really beating my inner self up for my decision to go sans java. I've had two green teas so far, and my pee is completely clear, but I'm.so.freakin'.tired. And really - is it fact, or is it psychosomatic? Am I really having problems concentrating because I haven't consumed coffee, or is it all in my head? There is caffeine in green tea - just not as high of a percentage.

So I'm tired. And cranky. And b!tchy. And I'm sick of chewing on things that are cold and crunchy. I'm craving two-all-beef-patties-special-sauce-lettuce-cheese-pickles-onions-on-a-sesame-seed-bun.......Back to my grapes....

No comments:

Post a Comment