Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday*

Breakfast:
oatmeal, with 1/2 banana, slivered almonds, 10 dark choc chips & spoonful of PB
coffee

Snack:
All-Bran bar

Lunch:
After planned-for lunch plans took an unexpected kibosh and an ever-present ticking clock looming over my head, I inadvertently ended up at the Great Canadian Bagel for lunch. I ordered a bagel with cream cheese and a bowl of chicken noodle soup (it was cold in the office and I just felt the need for the warmth of soup). The bagel that I wanted wasn't available so they substituted an "everything" bagel (you know, for those undecideds waiting in line and wasting drive-thru time). I knew it didn't smell right when I accepted the bag, but thought perhaps it was the overpowering "everything" in my bagel and just headed back to the office. I opened the cup of soup only to find chili inside. My palate was not ready for, nor in the mood for chili. I ate 3/4 of the bagel (note to self: "everything" is NOT everything at the GCB), about half of the chili and then sulked back to my desk.

Snack:
granola, yogourt & blueberries

Supper:
tuna casserole (kind of homemade. I made it with whole grain pasta, low fat cream of mushroom soup, can of tuna & shredded cheese. To that I mixed in peas, mushrooms and onion flakes (because I was out of actual onions) that had been sauteed in EVOO. The whole mess was then oven-baked for about 25 mins). It was ok. Would I make it again? The jury's still out on that one. Chris said it was good, but he may have said that because he didn't have to cook.

Snack:
a handful of animal crackers, a few of which were dipped in choc pudding...which was surprisingly delightful. I wasn't a Dunkaroos kid, but now I get the attraction.

*Even in the "comfort" of the comfort fit pants I still felt like I was bulging out of every seam today. After this weekend's shit storm of food intake I swear I gained about 5lbs and every one of them settled around my mid-area.

No comments:

Post a Comment