Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday

I did have good intentions on having a healthy spinach salad with my lunch today to jump start Day 1 of my renewed "healthy eating"...but my produce was less than fresh. I actually went so far as to cut off the one part of the green pepper that wasn't wrinkly, and peel the soft wet icky outer layer of the mushrooms. But, when I opened up the spinach and saw the wet icky gross mess inside the container I gave up and threw the whole works into the garbage. On account of Mother Nature throwing us a nasty day of wind, rain, freezing rain and wet snow, I'm not going out at lunch to get anything either. So have I sufficiently excused myself out of my required veggie intake for Day 1? Bah!

So - here we go:

Breakfast:
bowl of oatmeal (quick oats) with sliced almonds, 1/2 banana, 13 "dark" choc chips & a tsp and a little bit of light PB
coffee

Snack:
Kellogg Fibre Plus bar
grapes

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine chicken alfredo dinner
2 slices of 12 grain toast
1/2 banana
fat free choc pudding cup

Snack:
yogourt, blueberries & granola

Supper:
shrimp sauteed in EVOO, garlic and pepper
peas, cauliflower & broccoli
1/3 of a pkg of Knorr Sidekick pasta (I know not the best choice, but it was in the house, and quick - and I gave the majority to Chris)
glass of choc milk

I'm hopeful that I ate enough at supper that I'll be ok til morning - if not, for a night snack I may have a small bowlful of baked Cheetos during the Bachelor finale*.

*Update: Oh I did eat the baked Cheetos. In my gluttonous state, however, I neglected to pour myself a "small bowlful" and instead finished off the freaking bag. It was approximately half-ish or a little bit less than half, but more than 'recommended serving' of course. Notice how I still admitted this though? Accountability. And yeah, sometimes it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment