Friday, May 22, 2009

Wii-Fit

So Chris and I are the proud owners of a Wii Fit. The appeal to get it stemmed from a recent purchase of the regular Wii. Chris enjoys video games. Me? Notsomuch. However, acknowledging that healthy eating (and frequent lapses if you've been following along), I know eating alone isn't going to gnaw away at this pudge. So, I agreed to hop on the Wii Fit. If you've not yet used one, you are given the opportunity to set up your Wii "Mii" -- a cartoon caricature of yourself. I believe I got a pretty good semblance of myself, and I totally tweaked Chris' to look more like him.

Next, you're ready to start 'Fit-ing'... It's a good idea to do the Body Test first, that way you have a starting point and can work toward goals that you set for yourself. You're BMI is measured, along with your weight, and you're also given your "Wii-Fit Age"...based on your measurements. My initial body test wasn't a huge surprise...I know I'm overweight, and I know approximately what I weigh. However, there is a level that rises from a good weight, to moderately overweight, to obese. Let's just say that when my measurements were being presented to me, that level went sky high as quick as can be...and would have gone higher, had the level allowed. Let's just say I'm morbidly obese...and my initial Wii-Fit age was a whopping 60 years old (ah, that explains so much!) . In addition my Wii-Mii, which I had added some 'pudge' to got a lot 'pudgier'.

Aside from the initial set-up-self-esteem-kick-in-the-junk, I have managed to hop on the platform 3 or 4 times now. I do a few yoga poses, hula-hooping (freaking hilarious to watch someone hula hoop without actually using a hula hoop), stepping, and I even did some running (4 mins straight - thought I would die). The second time I did the 'body test' my Wii Fit age decreased to a normal range...I think I'm 34 now. I didn't complete the stability test the first time. Chris walked me through doing it both times. Perhaps he purposely missed the stability test the first time to poke fun? Truth be told I do feel more like a 60 year old woman than one of 34.
Now, if I could just get into a DAILY routine of doing the Fit. What do you all do for regular, routine exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment