Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Research...

So Mom and I are going out tonight after I'm finished work. She has a few things to pick up, and as is customary when Mummy and I go out together, she's treating me to supper. More often than not, we land at Boston Pizza, and we always have the same meal - both of us - the baked shrimp and feta penne. To be proactive, I thought I'd bring up the BP menu to try to find a 'healthier' alternative. So I looked up the nutritional value of the coveted dish - 1150 calories, and 55 grams of fat! No wonder it's so g.d. delicious... So off I go to examine some other choices. I first check the salads. The first I look at is the specs on the crispy chicken and pecan salad (which I've had before, and is really good). It's a rainbow of lettuce, boiled egg, chicken, carrot, cheese. Sounds pretty healthy, right?...1140 calories, and a whopping 93g of fat! Yes, that would be 38 grams more fat in the salad than a heavy, cheesy pasta dish. And these calculations of content do not include the piece of garlic bread that would also be in my belly by the end of the meal.

Awesome.

Healthy eating sucks.

It's yet to be determined what meal I'll be consuming...but I can tell you one thing, it will not be the crispy chicken and pecan salad. If I'm going to indulge in that many calories, I'll have my pasta.

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your half order of shrimp and feta pasta!!

    ReplyDelete