Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Year....A New Wagon

Ooookay folks...it's time to get real. I started this blog 2 years ago. At the time, it was a journal to mark my progress onto a healthier life path, starting with what I shove into my pie hole. For the 2009 year I did fantastically. I tracked my eating, and I blogged everything -even when my choices were not of the healthy variety. Remaining accountable for having to notate everything truly helped. I actually caught myself, many times, choosing alternative snacks/menu items over what I really wanted because I didn't want to have to write the other choices into the blog. So in that year, I dropped probably 25ish pounds. And that was simply eating - no exercise. I didn't follow any diet. I simply attempted to incorporate healthier choices from Canada's Food Guide. I limited the 'crap' (ie, the greasy, the sweet, the white floury goodness that is my demise).

Halfway into 2010, though, I stopped blogging my daily intake. My wrist got sore, and I neglected this blog. Finally, I had an 'out'...I wasn't blogging because I had a bad wrist, so the internets won't know that I just downed another slice of greasy pizza, and topped it off with a chocolate bar. The crap won. And now, 2 years later, I've probably piled on everything that I've lost (too fearful to jump on a scale lately). I'm unhappy with myself, with how I look, and I need to change.

So I will now attempt to resurge this blog, with new a oomph...and new encouragement from everyone (please?). I'm jumping back onto my new wagon....wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment